IT Customer Service Mission
The primary mission of Information Technology Customer Service through collaboration and professionalism, is to provide an online Knowledge system and sustain high quality customer service through professional commitment, and to enable, enhance, serve, and support others by providing timely and accurate customer services and information regarding IT resources, and provide customer assistance to the University community.
To fulfill this mission, the Office of IT Customer Service endeavors to provide the following:
- To promote customer service as a reliable and dependable source for information and assistance.
- To exemplify customer care by analyzing and resolving problems and coordinate the repairs with the appropriate IT unit.
- To provide answers to inquiries and remedy disputes by acting as liaison between customer and IT units to assure customer satisfaction.
- To assist others in choosing the best type of IT equipment, IT products, and IT services to enhance their departmental experience with the latest technology.
- To ensure that the services we provide are relevant, appropriate, and made available and accessible for use to faculty, staff, and students in carrying out the mission of the University and the greater community at large.
- To ensure that the Knowledge Base we provide imparts knowledge to facilitate repairs and enhance the personal knowledge of the customer.
- To provide continual access to the online Knowledge System, which will enable, enhance, empower, serve, and support others by providing timely and accurate problem solving information and resources to the University community.
- To ensure that the Knowledge System provides a cost efficient solution to customers, by providing online solutions that rectify problems. Thereby, the reduction of customers down time will ensure cost/time efficiency and enhance customers’ productivity.
- To provide training for our Online Ticketing System for departments or customers seeking training on how to access Webtask, obtain their user ID and password, edit and/or setup their user profile, access and use the Knowledge Base, submit a work request, view a work request submitted, add comments to a work request, complete online hand receipts, complete online equipment disposals, and use the many operations and resources within the Online Webtask Ticketing System.